Our staff are our biggest asset
Happy, positive and empowered staff make for better holidays! Our team go to great lengths to create each holiday or other services rendered and are given the confidence to impress our customers at every stage of their holiday booking – everyone in our team can make a difference. We are proud to work for Brilliant Adventures and Safaris, have fun and travel the world so we can share our experience. We’re also proud to be voted the best choice Safaris and Travel Company in the region, as voted for by our employees.
What we’re looking for
We have ambitious plans for the future, so we need creative and adaptable people who understand real service, care about our customers and embrace hard work. If you have a positive, friendly approach and love travel as much as we do, take a look at our vacancies.
Our current opportunities
SEE THE OPPORTUNITIES
JOB TITLE: TRAVEL CONSULTANT
REPORTING TO: THE GENERAL MANAGER
We are looking for a Travel Consultant with great enthusiasm for traveling. You will be responsible for promoting and booking traveling arrangements for clients (individuals or businesses). The goal is to enhance satisfaction and acquire an expanding and dedicated clientele.
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services.
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc).
- Collect deposits and balances.
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns.
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends.
- Create and update electronic records of clients.
- Maintain relationships with key persons.
- Reach the revenue and profit targets.
- Plan and sell transportation’s, accommodations, insurance and other travel services.
- Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them appropriate destination, modes of transportation’s, travel dates, costs and accommodations.
- Provide relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events etc) to travelers.
- Book air tickets and or reservations and collect payment/fees of the service rendered.
- Attend travel seminars to remain updated with tourism trends.
- Enter data into our software and maintain client files.
- Create and maintain the network with airline operators.
- Maintain statistical and financial records.
- Proven work experience as a Travel Agent.
- Working experience of more than 3 years in this field.
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Reservations Systems, and e-travelling.
- Conversant with either Amadeus or Galileo systems.
- Fluency in English; multilingualism is a plus.
- High Level of Personal Presentation and professionalism.
- Strong sales skills and commercial awareness in the field.
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively.
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends.
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field.
- Personal travel experience will be considered an advantage.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Do send an application letter attached with certified copies of academic certificates and a detailed CV/Resume having 3 accredited referees to the below postal address.
The Head of Legal Services and Human Resource
GJB Group of Companies
5th Floor, Wing A, Golden Jubilee Towers
PSPF Building, Ohio Street
P.O Box 72358
Dar Es Salaam-Tanzania
Send a soft copy to the E-mail: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
The Deadline is on the 20th May 2019 before 5.00pm
Current Openings Thanks for checking out our job openings. See something that interests you? Apply here.